Saturday, January 3, 2009

The New Year

Hello everyone! I hope that everyone's new year is off to a great start and that resolutions are well under way! I have not made mine yet.....but I will! I am planning to work out a little more and maybe even come up with a few more!

We have been in Dallas since the 27th to spend some really great time with family and then the Cotton Bowl. The time with family was super awesome and it was especially great that Eric, Day and Audrey are back in Texas. I sure do love that little Audrey and she is at the age where she actually remembers Steve and I now so things are super fun!

Backing up, we also got to go to Chicago with Jeff and Tamey for the Midwest Conference. This was my first time to go to Chicago and I had so much fun! We got to go and see Wicked which was FREAKING awesome! We had waited a very long time to see it and it was well worth the wait! If you have not seen it, you should go....SOON!

And then, of course, after Christmas was the Cotton Bowl. Many of you know that I was not a happy camper after the game and, unknowingly, caused what might be seen as Facebook drama. I was very upset at the lack of class shown by the Ole' Miss fans. I was not trying to say that Tech has always been classy, but I was overwhelmed by the lack of respect shown towards our team, fans and even the band. Now, do I realize that the Tech players did not go to the middle to shake hands after the game, yes I do. And I realize that it was wrong. Attitudes, tension, and tempers were flaring really high yesterday and I was venting - that's all.

However, the trip itself was really pretty cool and I was so glad that I got to go on it! I was also super excited to get to hang out with Brian again and also to hang with Crystal and Israel in Dallas. We got to stay in a super nice hotel and march in the parade and also have a killer banquet meal at the hotel! Overall, it was a great trip! GO TECH!

Now, it is back to the grind in the LBK. Festival season is about to be in full swing as is winterguard season! Happy New Year to everyone and I hope that you get all you wish for in 2009!

1 comment:

Janae said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation! We should try to get together soon!