Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Seriously, really?

I have never been able to deal with rude and mean people.  I think they stink and should have objects thrown at them!  I have a pretty interesting story about these types of characters.  I have omitted the specifics to protect the innocent ;-)

Last night I was  hanging out with good friends at a local karaoke establishment.  There were a few not-so-nice-people who felt it appropriate to do a few jerk things:

*Boo a perfectly good singer twice EVEN after being asked not to do so by the DJ or they could get up and sing themselves.

*Proceeded to inappropriately touch one of the members at our table on the way out - YUCK!

*Used a very inappropriate name in reference to another singer at our table

See, what I don't get is why these people have to be like that?  It stinks that people can't enjoy a fun night out with friends without these punks getting in the way.  If you don't like the singer - leave - but don't attempt to make them feel bad.  And don't even get me started on the butthead who felt like he had a right to put his hands on anything in the bar!  I sincerely hope that I never see him again or a very hard shin kick is in his near future ;-)

Anyway, just a little rant.  But it does bother me that common courtesy seems to be a thing of the past in our society.  I remember being raised to always treat people with respect even if you did not want to or did not like them.  Now, do I always do that, no, but I honestly try to.  I feel very strongly about this which I guess is why it hit a super sore spot with me last night.  

Sorry.....I will step down from the soap box now ;-)

No comments: