Saturday, July 19, 2008

When it rains, it pours....

So, let me first start by saying that I love my job. I truly love what I do and I have fun doing it! But, I was reminded this past week of what I don't like about my job.

Our office is sort of out of the way so we attract people who want to just drop off dogs that are unwanted. Those of you that know me know how hard and miserable that is for me. I love dogs and I think that people who do that should have really mean things done to them. This past week was extremely hard because we had two precious girl dogs that arrived at our office a day apart. They were both as precious as they could be! They were so skiddish but eventually warmed up to the staff at DC. Fortunately, we were able find them good homes with college kids who needed companionship, but it could have been worse. I just don't understand what prompts people to just drop off these helpless little animals and leave them alone. But, I have to say that I was impressed with the staff at DC. All of us managed to be unable to hide our soft and sweet side and I know that 2 dogs are better off because of us!

Moving on to last night and today. For those of you that know my angel Joey, he has a temper to say the least. I was looking at a scab that we found last night on his leg which prompted him to go NINJA on me. Steve and I both have had cuts/wounds from him, but my right arm was torn up. Once he figured out that he knew that I would not throw him out the window, he became my best friend and has still YET to leave my side.....crazy dog ;-)

To finish it up, I got into a fight with a knife today and I lost badly. Now I know that I don't cook alot (or at all) but you would think that I would know how to use a knife but apparently not. I was slicing an avocado and thought that it would be fun to slice my thumb instead. So, I have a swollen bandaged left thumb and a nice battle wound on my right - man, what a weekend!

No comments: