Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Poor Dogs

So, Steve and I manage to keep ourselves pretty busy between my work, my guard rehearsals and. now, his Goin' Band rehearsals starting up. Most of you know, we are going 90 to nothing most days which is why we end up needing a beverage at the end of the day. We are okay with it because we choose to be. However, there are two little guys that I feel more and more sorry for as the days go on - Joey and Max.

I keep remembering the vet telling us when we first got Joey not to worry because when we leave, he sleeps. He does not cry because he is sad or lonely. And, knowing Joey, chances are pretty likely he is asleep before the garage door shuts completely ;-) And Max, who knows what he does - but I am pretty sure that Joey keeps him in check!

The boys did have a great time last night, though. We opted to stay in due to lack of funds, so our friends Jeff and Tamey brought over their two female dogs - Lily and Lola! The 4 of them had so much fun - once Max figured out that we were not going to let him do un-nice things to Lola (poor guy!) Joey actually gave himself a time-out and went to bed, leaving Max severely outnumbered by the girls! But, they had a good time playing together and we will have to do it more often now that we know they can get along!

No comments: