Friday, August 22, 2008

It's almost time....

Okay, so here's the deal.  I have to admit that I have been a little bitter over the past few weeks because my husband has been completely engrossed with Goin' Band business.  True, it is a GREAT opportunity for him, but I have been sad not to have him around.  I would swear at one point that I forgot what he looked like (he he).  But, it has been a really great opportunity for him because he has already gotten to write two drills and two stand tunes for the Goin' Band which is freakin' amazing - I can't wait to hear and see his work next weekend.  Which brings me to the point of this post.......IT'S TIME FOR RED RAIDER FOOTBALL!  Hallelujah!

I am so excited that a week from tomorrow is the first game.  It will be a different experience for me this year because I will be sitting with the Goin' Band.  I think in a sick sort of way it makes me feel important, which I dig!  I am trying not to let the pre-season football hype get to me because as soon as I buy into it we will do something so typically Texas Tech that I will be depressed as fast as I got excited.  But, all skepticism aside, I truly believe that the Red Raiders will do amazing things and I am pumped to be able to be a part of the Goin' Band as we experience this football season.  Plus, it has been very sweet already because I have been able to attend a couple of functions and the staff has been so welcoming to me as a part of the family and that means a lot too ;-)  Hope everyone has a super duper weekend!

No comments: