Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

So, I feel like everyone else in the world has a Labor Day blog so I should have one too.  It was a pretty eventful weekend for us as well.  We started off on Thursday evening with the FHS/LHS game.  Needless to say, I did not pay much attention to the game....I never do until halftime.  I was very proud of both mine and Jess's girls - thought they did well for a first game.  But then, the best part was after halftime when I got to go snuggle with Baby Lani...SUPER ADORABLE!

Friday night was a party with my office to say goodbye to three of our employees who have recently moved on to bigger and better things.  I loved seeing Marcie and Sarah again because they have been out of the office for a while.  It will be certainly hard without Jill O around because she has been here forever!  I wish all three of them much luck in their endeavors!  After that we met up with Tames, who was single for the night due to a Sudan football game, for a little beverage at C-town (thanks Sarah!)

Saturday was Red Raider game day!  It was so weird sitting with the band again.  Don't get me wrong, it was nice to have a free ticket, but definitely weird to be down there again.  I was very proud of Steve and the way that his drill came out!  I know that he is relieved that it is over, but what an exciting opportunity for him in his first year as a TA.  I do have to agree with April about the lack of smart football playing for Tech.  I am a little nervous about the rest of the season if we do not get those penalties in check....

Sunday and Monday were pretty much spent around the house taking care of business.  I wrote a little flag work yesterday and also played my regular game of poker at Fox on Sunday.  It was an interesting night of poker, but congratulations go out to Jess on an awesome finish!  Sometimes I wonder why I still play that game....but then I remember that no matter how bad I play I still get to spend time with the best poker friends a person could ask for ;-)

So, there is my Labor Day weekend in a nutshell.  I enjoyed the weekend and I could always go for another 3-day weekend!  Hope everyone has a good Tuesday! 

No comments: