Saturday, October 4, 2008

Grateful for Rain

So, living in West Texas you are always grateful when rain comes your way. Today, however, I was very grateful for rain because it put an early end to what had already been a very long day. We went to the Denver City marching contest today and I was with both the Frenship band and the Seagraves band. Both groups gave a great performance and Frenship made it to the finals. Rain, however, put a drastic change to our plans. Needless to say, finals were canceled and we were sent packing back to Lubbock.

Now that I am back I am sort of grateful for that rain. As much as I would have liked to have another chance to march our show, I am very tired and happy to be hanging out with friends and watching college football. AJ and Julie, I am sorry that my children suck and that you had to take TC home! Hopefully, one of these days Joey will stop being a butthole and they can be friends.

On another note, how bout those Red Raiders?!?! I am so excited and really looking forward to the rest of the season. Maybe this will be the big season after said (said with just a little skepticism....) Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

No comments: