Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Me Lately

Hi everyone!  I feel like it has been forever since I have been on here but it seems like my life is moving at the speed of light and all I have time for is work, guard, sleep and occasionally food and beverages with friends!  When I first started this blog I loved it because it was a way for me to both vent frustrations and keep people posted on my life and now it just makes me sad because I can't ever do it :-(  So, I am making time at work to catch up!

I have had a great few last weekends.  Two weekends ago was Alumni Day and it was so good to get to see old friends and cuddle cute babies.  Thank you to Susie and April for letting me cuddle and kiss on your precious little ones!  I know that you know that it was hard for me, but I believe in time God will give us our little one, too!  However, nothing was better for Aunt Amanda then to get to love on little Michael and Amelia - you guys did good ;-)

Last Saturday was WTAC at Coronado.  For those of you who don't know, that is a huge auxillary competition that Frenship goes to each year.  The colorguard came in 1st place and I was SOOO proud of them!  They really pulled together and worked as a team even after it had been a long day already (9 am to 8:30 pm)....I was very impressed.  

However, being around such good kids made me think about something.  Those of us who workwith kids, regardless of their age, are in such a position to make a difference.  I sometimes get so frustrated with these kids for one thing or another, but then I never stop to think about what the real reason behind the action is and what it might really mean.  I think, instinctively, we feel like we have to get mad and discipline, when what they might actually need is just the opposite.  I know it may sound sort of deep for me, but I have been thinking about it a lot lately.  I have seen over the past few months how my reactions can change and better the lives of my students and it is sometimes a scary power.  Just think about it the next time that you talk to a child....it could mean more than you think!  Hope everyone has a great first day of October :-)


1 comment:

April Pier said...

That was pretty deep!! You are so right though. You never know when you are going to impact a child's life and it's way too easy to impact it negatively.

Anytime you need a baby fix, you're more than welcome to come to Midland and babysit. Aaron and I would welcome the night out. :)