Monday, November 24, 2008

Come on Red Raiders....

So you essentially have to live under a rock not to know that the Red Raiders suffered a pretty devastating loss on Saturday to OU.  As I sat there and watched the scene unfold, I was reminded of the days when I was at Tech and the defense was, well, less than par.  However, somehow the sadness was worse this time around.  I can only imagine it was because this year had taught me a new level of excitement for a team that seemed like they could have it all.  HOWEVER, I will not be one of those people who gives up on my team.  Yes, the road took a turn, but welcome to life!  I would really love to meet the person whose life stayed on the path intended?!?!  

Anyway, I will continue to cheer on and support my team this upcoming weekend.  I am proudly wearing my red and black (even with some office ridicule...) and will continue throughout the week.  Now, I must be honest, I am wearing an OSU-orange tank top underneath my Tech stuff because we, obviously, need a little Cowboy help with our situation.  And, much to my father-in-law's dismay, I will be cheering on those Aggies because a Texas loss certainly can't hurt!

Come on guys, please continue to be proud of these Red Raiders and the work that they have done.  Yes, Saturday did not go as planned, but there is still a chance that a BCS bowl could happen for us!  GO TECH!

No comments: