Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Still in a fog

So, that is me right now.  For those of you who don't know, I had a very good friend of mine in this past weekend to teach my winterguard their 2009 contest show.  He did a great job and so did the kids!  But, after a 4-9 rehearsal on Friday, 9-9 on Saturday and 1-6 Sunday, we were all pretty spent.  I guess, at the time, I did not realize it because of the adrenaline, but yesterday and today have been really easy for me to feel it - I am kinda worthless today ;-)

Then, there is work.  I love what I do.  But, I have to be honest and say that I very much overwhelmed right now.  Since the team that I work on is now down to 2, there is much more on my plate and I kinda feel like I am drowning.  Oh well, guess I better learn how to be a better swimmer....

I guess it is just sort of a weird time for me.  I am very excited about this winterguard season, but the work load scares me.  I do love what I do, but when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel it is not always so fun, and I just want to not be stressed all the time.  I miss the way life in the LBK was just a few mere weeks ago....

Anyway, enough of that!  I am so excited for the Tech-OU game this weekend!  I have put off asking off from work for the National Championship and the Big 12 Championship because I am afraid that I will jinx my team.  However, after this weekend, and hopefully a big win, you bet your socks that I am going to request those days off because I will be yelling my heart out for my Red Raiders.  Everyone wear your red and black this week because it is time to Beat the Sooners!

I hope everyone has a great week ;-)

3 comments:

Janae said...

Hang in there, chica... just try to remember to breathe every now and then! (and go Red Raiders!)

April Pier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April Pier said...

I agree with Janae. Hang in there!! I don't know where the end is, but it will be here before you know it!!