Sunday, November 2, 2008

So Excited!

So, if you are anywhere on the planet you know that Tech knocked off the #1 team in the country last night - the University of Texas! Needless to say, my heart is still recovering from it but, man, what a win! This could go down as one of, if not the best, game in TTU football history!

Our whole day yesterday was just incredible! We started off the day by hanging with the Goin Band at College Gameday. Steve and I even managed to be on TV for a few short seconds ;-) Then, it was on to the game. Our team played really well, with a few small issues, but overall really well! The halftime show was absolutely amazing - Congrats to the Goin Band and their staff for an amazing Pirates of the Caribbean show! The crowd was all over it and seeing Anderson dressed up as a pirate was freaking cool!

However, I was a little distressed right at the end. No matter how much fun I have at games, our student section never ceases to amaze me (and it is not a good thing!) I actually got into a small screaming match with one of the many students who apparently could not read and decided that storming the field many times before the game truly ended would be a good idea! I just don't understand why they cannot be more aware of what is going on. Two penalties later, they finally figured it out! I just hate it for our University because the team worked so hard as well as the spirit organizations and then the students manage to throw it all away. Oh, and not to mention that we were on NATIONAL TV.

Anyway, I am done with the rant! I am so proud to be a Red Raider right now and I am so looking forward to the weeks to come! GO TECH!

No comments: