Sunday, November 9, 2008

qq

Okay, so I have to be honest here! When my husband made the prediction that we could be in the Big 12 Championship/National Championship, I thought he was crazy! However, I find myself wondering could this really be happening? Now I know that the OU team is really good and that we will be at a disadvantage because it is on their home turf, however, this is a fantastic Tech team. As I watched the offense score time after time last night I realized just how hard it is for a team to stop the Tech team. Between an offense that can't really be stopped and a defense that is playing better than ever (minus the first defensive set last night...) I really feel like this could be it! Come on Red Raiders....get it done! So proud to be a Red Raider!

Now, for a soapbox moment. I was so embarrased by our student section last night. During the OSU school song, they thought it would be appropriate to bust out in RAIDER/POWER. Now, I am all for school spirit but, come on guys! There is a time and place and during the opposing team's song is not the time. I don't understand why it is so hard to just get your guns up and shut your mouth for 2 minutes! I just feel embarassment, that is about all I can say. I do have to give them credit for actually staying in the stands and showing class at the end of the game but it is too bad that they looked like idiots earlier on! I just hope that if the winning streak continues and we are able to stay at the top that our students will figure it out! Grow up guys!

I am looking forward to a fun, but very stressful, week. I have two rifle clinics on Monday and Tuesday and then my winterguard clinic with Mr. Marquez over the weekend. It will be a fun and exciting week and I can't wait for my FHS kids to get to experience a learning environment like him. They will know their entire WG show before the weekend is over - crazy!

I hope that everyone has a good week!

No comments: